The following major injuries must be reported online to the HSE
- fracture other than to fingers, thumbs or toes;
- dislocation of the shoulder, hip, knee or spine;
- loss of sight (whether it is temporary or permanent);
- chemical, hot metal burn or a penetrating injury to the eye;
- injury or incident that leads to unconsciousness, or which requires resuscitation;
- injury or incident that leads to hypothermia or to a heat induced illness;
- injury or incident that leads to hospital admittance for more than 24 hours;
- acute illness requiring medical treatment that is caused by contact with harmful substances.
Additionally, the following must be reported online within 15 days of them becoming apparent:
- an injury, which is not a major injury, but which results in someone not being able to work for seven consecutive days as the result of an occupational accident or injury (not counting the day of the accident but including weekends and rest days);
- a work-related illness or disease when a written diagnosis is received from a doctor, that the person is suffering from one or more prescribed conditions, and has been doing the prescribed work activities.